Infinity Foot Pedal by VEC
FPVECUSB - Setup Instructions
Setting up the FPVECUSB Infinity Foot Pedal for Express Scribe is easy.
For Windows computers, just follow the instructions below.
These instructions are for Express Scribe v4.36 and later.
The pedals should now be correctly installed.
- Download and install Express Scribe.
- Plug in the foot pedal to an available USB port on your computer.
- Click on 'Options' in the Express Scribe toolbar in the main window, then select the 'Controller' tab.
- Tick the option 'Enable hand-held or foot pedal controller'.
- Click on 'Controller setup wizard...', then click Next.
Select your controller from the list of detected controllers, then click 'Next'.
- Click 'Next' again to confirm your controller.
- On the next screen you can custom configure your controller. To do so, left-click on any command in the window. A drop-down list will appear. Select your desired command from the list.
- On the same screen you can also press down the pedals on your controller to test that they are operational.
- When you are done, click the 'Finish' button to complete the wizard.
For Mac OS X version of Express Scribe 5.02 and later - See the above instructions.
For Mac OS X version of Express Scribe 5.02 and earlier - just plug them into the USB socket and run Express Scribe and they will be detected normally. Otherwise, you can also go into the Preferences -> Controller tab and run the foot pedal configuration tool.