VPE USB Transcription Foot Pedal
FPVPEUSB - Setup Instructions
Setting up the FPVPEUSB for Express Scribe is easy. Just follow the instructions below. It is a two step process, but if you have already completed USB setup or Games Port setup then please ignore Stage 1.
To setup your VPE / VPedal USB pedal, you must firstly ensure that the pedal is talking properly to Windows:
- Plug in the foot pedal to an available USB port on your computer.
- Go to Start -> Control Panel and select 'Game Controllers'. On the Controllers tab, click on 'Add' and enable Galy USB Joystick (if it is not already there). If you cannot see 'Game Controllers' on Windows XP, you may have to click on 'Printers and Other Hardware' before you can see 'Game Controllers'.
- Click OK and from the Controllers tab select Properties and choose the Test tab.
- Press Play on the foot pedal, the display will light Buttons 1 & 2.
- Press Fast Forward on the foot pedal, the display will light Button 2.
- Press Rewind on the foot pedal, the display will light Button 1.
- The foot pedal is "talking" to Windows correctly.
To setup your VPE / VPedal USB pedal, you should follow the instructions as provided for the VEC Foot Pedal.
For Mac OS X version of Express Scribe 5.02 and later - See the above instructions.
For Mac OS X version of Express Scribe 5.02 and earlier - just plug them into the USB socket and run Express Scribe and they will be detected normally. Otherwise, you can also go into the Options -> Controller tab and run the foot pedal configuration tool.