PCI Telephony Board - 8 Analog Phone Lines
TELCTAS8 - Setup Instructions
Setup and Installation
- Install Device
- Install Drivers
- Configure Drivers
- Ensure your PCI slot supports revision 2.2 of the PCI standard. You can check this in the manual that came with your motherboard or by checking the manufacturers website.
- Turn off your PC and disconnect the power cable
- Earth yourself either with a earthing write strap (available from most electronics stores) or by touching a preferably metallic chair/table etc
- Open the PC and install the card, ensuring the card is secured in place with a screw.
- Close the PC and reconnect the power cable
- Boot the PC. If your PC fails to boot or runs very slow or erratically reboots you are probably having BIOS conflict problems with the new card.
Please refer here.
- Ensure your USB port supports USB 2.0 (your motherboard manual can tell you this)_
- Attach the USB cable to a free USB port
We generally recommend downloading the latest version of the driver from the web page:
Once you have done so unzip the downloaded file. There should now be two files a Adobe Acrobat Document and an Application. Double click on the application and this will install the driver for your device. Generally it is advisable to reboot after all devices and drivers have installed correctly.
We have experienced cases where the installation will crash to the Windows Stop Screen (also called the Blue Screen of Death). This has happened when the device driver installed before the USB Controller. If you experience this just reboot the system and the controller will be automatically installed.
Also you can find USB devices do not detect when installed in certain USB ports. In one of our test systems the device did not detect in the rear USB ports but was fine in the front ports. In this case please try a different port (try the front USB ports). If you are using a USB hub you may also be having compatibility issues with the hub (i.e. the device will not work with that particular hub). Please try connecting the hub to a different USB port and if this does not work please try a different brand USB hub.
The drivers are not configured for your particular device once the drivers are installed. To configure you do the following:
- Open the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs and then select the option ShCti and then ShCtiConfig. A program will startup and immediately minimise itself to the system try. You will see a black icon with a large white S in it. Double click on the icon.
- On the basic setup tab you will see a box 'Board Setting' and it will list a card, probably not your card.
- Add a new board by clicking 'Add Board'. From the pulldown list 'Select a Board' select the model board you are using. Click Ok
- Select the board that was installed by default (i.e. already present) and delete it by clicking 'Delete Board'
- Configure the board by clicking ' the button on the right 'Default'
- If you wish Caller ID Detection you will need to select your CallerID system. By default FSK system is selected. If you need DTMF then select the board and click 'Modify Board'. Now click 'Others' and in 'Caller ID Style' type 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0. Click Ok and then Ok again
- Click the large Apply button and then click 'Close'.
P. My software does not recognize my Synway/CAHTA device
If the telephony software you are using does not see or recognize your Synway/CAHTA device please check to make sure that the device is functioning properly.
If the state of each line is recognized then the device is working correctly and we recommend you contact technical support.
- Ensure that all software that has access to the telephony board is closed down.
- Open the ShCti test utility. START -> ALL PROGRAMS -> ShCti -> Test If you receive an error on loading the test utility you may have a program that still has control of the telephony board.
- When the Test utility is open please take note of the ' STATE' of each line in the window that displays line information.
- Call into the line that the telephony board is connected to.
- You should now see the state of the called line change from Idle to Ringing.
- Select the line that is ringing and press the SsmPickup button.
- The line state will now check from Ringing to Talking
- Press the SsmHangup button to end the phone call.
- The line state will change back to Idle.