GN-3 Desktop Microphone
MCVECGN3 - Setup Instructions
This microphone requires a 3.5mm "sound in" or "microphone" port from a computer soundcard or other audio device.
Setting up the GN-3 Desktop Microphone for Professional Audio Recording is easy. Just follow the instructions below:
- Turn on your Computer
- Connect the 3.5mm jack to the "microphone" port on your computers sound card.
- Open ExpressDictate and go to Options.
- Under Devices in Sound Record Device choose either "Default Sound In" or if you see your sound card listed choose this.
- Under Devices in Audio Input Channel choose Microphone.
- Click OK to close and save.
- Create a new dictation file and record a test sample of audio. If the DB Display does not move this is an indication that no audio is being recorded. Check that you have plugged the correct jack into the correct port and try again.
- Rewind the file to the beginning and check whether the audio was successfully recorded.
- Once you can record and replay audio you are ready to go!