Spectra USB Headset
HSVECSPUSB - Setup Instructions
This headset requires a USB port and one of the following operating systems: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, or Mac OS X 10.3 or later.
Setting up the Spectra USB Headset for Express Scribe is easy. Just follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your Computer
- Connect the headset's USB plug into the computers' USB port. The LED indicator will light up indicating correct connection to the computer.
NOTE: If the LED indicator light does not turn on, please contact technical support.
- Drivers for USB communication devices are already included in most PC operating systems and Apple Macintosh operating systems. All devices drivers for the above mentioned operating systems are plug and play, meaning the computer will automatically detect the new device once the USB plug is properly connected into the USB port.
- Open Express Scribe and play an example sound file to see if the headset is receiving sound.
- Once you can hear audio through the earphones you are ready to go!
- If you don't hear anything, it means the sound device is not selected in Express Scribe. To fix this, go into the Options -> Playback tab and select the USB device from the sound device list. It will be called something like "USB Audio Device".