HP-USB Multimedia Headset
HSVECHPUSB - Setup Instructions
This headset requires a spare USB port on your PC or Mac.
Setting up the USB Multimedia Headset for Express Dictate is easy. Just follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your Computer
- Connect the USB plug of the headset into a spare USB port on your computer.
- Wait until Windows has indicated it has detected the device (a balloon bubble will appear in the bottom-right corner of the screen when the device has been detected).
- Open Express Dictate and go to the Options -> Audio tab.
- For 'Sound Play Device', choose "Default Sound Out", or if you look at the choice of devices in the list, the headset will have a name similar to 'USB Audio Device'.
- For 'Sound Recording Device' choose "Default Sound In", or if you look at the choice of devices in the list, the headset will have a name similar to 'USB Audio Device'. For the 'Audio Input Channel', choose the 'Windows Record Mixer', or if you see 'Microphone' in the list, choose that instead.
- Click OK to close the Options dialog.
- Create a new dictation file and record a test sample of audio. If the volume display does not move this is an indication that no audio is being recorded. Check that you have selected the correct Sound Recording Device in the Options -> Audio tab.
- Rewind the file to the beginning and check whether the audio was successfully recorded, this will also test your headphones. If there is no audio coming through the headphones but the volume display is moving, check that you have selected the correct Sound Play Device in the Options -> Audio tab.
- Once you can record and hear audio through the headset, you are ready to commence dictating!