IP Phones Installation Guide
IP Phone Setup Guide
This IP Phone is supported by the Axon Vitual PBX System. The following installation guide is specifically for setting up your IP Phone to work with Axon.
These setup instructions are quite complex and we recommend that you print out this page before starting the configuration process. You will need an assigned network port to plug the phone into and Axon installed on the same network.
To set up your IP Phone for Axon Virtual PBX System, just follow the instructions below:
- Plug the phone in and connect it to your network. Give it 30-40 seconds to boot up and detect the network.
- Find the IP address of the phone through the phone menu system. Hit the 'i' button (bottom-right corner), then select menu item number 9, "Network". Your IP address will be listed under "Current IP".
- Go to any computer on your network and open its web browser. Type that IP address into the web browser. After entering the address, you should now see the IP Telephone Configuration menu appear. Click on "Admin Login" (in the upper right area) to log in.
- You can configure up to 2 extension numbers by default into the phone. For now configure the one extension. Click on "Ext 1" to go to Extension 1 configuration.
- Go to the Axon web panel -> Extensions section. Nominate an extension to configure into the phone. Click on "Setup Instructions" for that extension. Take note of all the details presented.
- Back in your IP Phone's Ext. 1 section, set the following details:
Line Enable: yes
SIP Port: 5060
Proxy and Registration:
Proxy: [Axon SIP Server Name]
Register Expires: 600
Display Name: [whatever you like]
User ID: [Axon SIP User ID for the extension]
Password: [Axon SIP Password for the extension]
Preferred Codec: G711u
Use Pref Codec Only: no
Silence Supp Enable: no
DTMF Tx Method: Auto
Leave all other settings as they are. Click "Submit all changes".
- That's it. The IP phone will now register with Axon and you will see a log message appearing in the Axon status window saying that the extension you have configured has been registered.