HP-3 Multimedia Headset
HSVECHP3 - Setup Instructions
This headset requires a 3.5mm "Sound Out" or "Speaker Out" port, and a 3.5mm "Microphone" port from a computer sound card or other audio device.
Setting up the Multimedia Headset for is easy. Just follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your Computer
- Connect the 3.5mm microphone jack to the "Microphone" port on your computer's sound card. The microphone jack has a small symbol. On a PC, if you are using a port on the back, it will have a pink color. If you are using the front port, it will have a picture of a microphone where the port is.
- Connect the 3.5mm headset jack to the "Sound Out" or "Speaker Out" port on your computer's sound card. The headset jack has a small symbol. On a PC, if you are using a port on the back, it will have a green color. If you are using the front port, it will have a picture of a set of headphones where the port is.
- Open Express Dictate and go to the Options -> Audio tab.
- For 'Sound Play Device', choose "Default Sound Out", or if you see your sound card name listed, choose that instead.
- For the 'Sound Recording Device', choose either "Default Sound In", or if you see your sound card name listed, choose that instead. For the 'Audio Input Channel', choose the 'Windows Record Mixer', or if you see 'Microphone' in the list, choose that instead.
- Click OK to close the Options dialog.
- Create a new dictation file and record a test sample of audio. If the volume display does not move, this is an indication that no audio is being recorded. Check that you have plugged the correct jack into the correct port and try again.
- Rewind the file to the beginning and check whether the audio was successfully recorded, this will also test your headphones. If there is no audio coming through the headphones but the volume display is moving, check that the headphones jack is plugged into the correct port.
- Once you can record and hear audio through the mic/earphones you are ready to go!