IP Phone Recording Guide
Telephone Recording Options
IP Phones can be treated like a digital phone where the audio can be recorded by connecting an call recording adapter between the handset and the base of the telephone.
Single Line IP Phone Setup with Handset Call Recording Adapter
You will need the following hardware for this guide to be useful:
Setting up a single line IP Phone system is easy. Just follow the instructions below, and, if in doubt, refer to the diagram above.
- An IP PBX line
- An IP Phone.
- A call recording adapter,
- A computer with a sound card
- The VRS multiple line recording system or the TRx single line recording system. You can download these software applications free - VRS, TRx.
- Alternatively, if you would also like to run a PBX system with your IP phones you can use the Axon virtual PBX system and have either VRS or TRx running off it. You can download this software here - Axon.
- Disconnect the handset from the IP Phone.
- Plug the network cable into the base of the phone.
- Connect the base of the phone to the Call Recording Adapter
- Connect the Call Recording Adapter to the audio jack in the back of the computer. Also connect the Call Recording Adapter to the phone handset.
- Download and install either the VRS Recording System or the TRx Phone Recording System on your computer.
- Alternatively, download and install Axon virutal PBX on your computer, along with either the VRS Recording System or the TRx Phone Recording System.
- You are ready to go!